Saturday 9 March 2013

Published new article on Cyberbullying

Image Credit: Marcos Vasconcelos


HealthyPlace.com (America's Mental Health Channel) published my two-part article on cyberbullying. The article talks about 
- the types of cyberbullying, 
- how to prevent your chilld from cyberbullying
- how to discuss cyberbullying with your child
- the signs that your chilld is cyberbullied, 
- how to approach your child if he or she is cyberbullied
- where to get help
You can read the article here. I deal with victims of cyberbullying on a weekly basis, so please let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions.


4 comments:

  1. I was bullied back in high school, over 20 years ago now. It frightens me to know that the kind of bullying that I endured could be 10 times worse now for kids because of the internet. Thanks for providing a detailed article on this since awareness needs to be spread and it is a serious issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, Dale. I am glad you find this article useful and hope you won't need to deal with this issue with your children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I was also bullied a while back. It has scarring affects on you and it frightens me more that bullying has advanced the same way technology has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really had no idea there were different types of cyber bullying. Again thanks for putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete